Approximately 40 million surgical procedures are performed annually in the United States and over 300 million globally. To ensure the safety of patients undergoing these procedures, it is imperative to identify and mitigate perioperative risk. Unfortunately, the process used by most hospitals and surgical centers to evaluate pre-surgical patients falls short on three fronts. One is a failure to identify risk factors in a timely fashion, as most preoperative evaluations occur the day before or day of surgery. The second is a failure to properly identify risk factors due to incomplete or inaccurate preoperative evaluations. The third is a failure to adequately triage patients, thereby subjecting all patients regardless of health status to the same process. These shortcomings increase morbidity and mortality, increase healthcare cost, and lower patient satisfaction. Therefore, a standardized preoperative assessment delivered in a timely fashion is needed.
BREEZE™ delivers this standardized preoperative assessment and offers several important advantages to the current preoperative evaluation process:
- Identifies perioperative risk factors well in advance of surgery, thus allowing ample time to properly mitigate risk, eliminate unnecessary diagnostic and imaging studies, and avoid OR delays and cancellations
- Stops wasting patients’ time by eliminating unnecessary in-person or phone-based medical history collection
- Substantially reduces the preoperative administrative burden on healthcare providers, thus freeing up time for direct patient care
- Reduces the potential for human error by employing a robust standardized assessment algorithm
- Delivers a complete preoperative assessment at a fraction of the cost of current methods.
To learn more about what BREEZE™ can do to improve your preoperative assessment of patients, please click here to schedule an online demonstration.